Laptop keyboards are designed to auto-configure from the basic input output system (BIOS). They plug and play hardware that should function even without windows installation. After installing windows, they install the compatible drivers automatically to enable them to interact with different Windows features. Generally, keyboard operations are rarely obstructed by any updates.
If you find any major keyboard issue affecting your laptop, you need professional assistance. Laptop keyboard repair
sometimes requires specific tools that you might don't have.
In this blog by Apple Fix, we will give you solutions regarding how to fix the laptop on your own.
Check The Keyboard's Connector
It is the most commonly found hardware-related issue. It depends on the recent event before you started to experience this problem; we advise that you start by checking the hardware components related to your keyboard, especially if you start experiencing this problem after making some hardware repairs. In that case, you might need to recheck the keyboard cable connector whether it's in place or not. You can even follow these simple steps.
- Open the laptop till you can access the cable connector. If you can't do this yourself, you can seek a specialist's help.
- Detach the cable connector by using appropriate tools
- Clean the connector with a damp cotton
- Reattach the connector and check if the keyboard now works properly again.
Run Windows Update
If your keyboard is not working, this problem allows you to use only the mouse. Before the further process, ensure you run a full windows update because it can be a quick and easy way to resolve this issue. If you have an external USB keyboard, that could help you to get through some of these steps a bit faster.
- If you don't have any, you can also use the default on-screen keyboard provided in windows to still on this login screen.
- Click on this ease of button on the right of the screen's corner and select an on-screen keyboard that should pop up as a virtual keyboard.
- Click on the settings button to the gear icon to open your windows setting.
- Then, click on the update and security.
- Check out the update now; this takes a while, depending on the speed of your connection.
Reinstall Keyboard Driver
Reinstall the keyboard driver by using the mouse only. This is also one of the quick and easy solutions that take no time. To solve this issue, you can do the following steps.
- Click on the search bar
- Go to the control panel
- Select device manager
- On the device manager, select the keyboards option
- Then click on the drop-down here
- Click the standard pS/2 keyboard
- Select Uninstall
- After a few seconds, install again
- After this process, don't forget to restart your laptop.
There are several reasons you may have issues with your keyboard, from hardware failure to software issues. These are the quick hacks that will resolve your issue without taking time. But most of the time, your laptop keyboard needs repair that you can't do on your own without any professional.
We at Apple Fix offer you multiple services such as laptop keyboard repair, oppo charging port repair,
Samsung phone repair, MacBook repair, iPhone repair and many more. We are famous for our quality services because we have qualified and certified technicians who can help you whenever you need them. For more details, you can contact us through our website.